- the instructions apply only if you have full access permissions to a mailbox you want to send emails from.
- Administrator rights are required to edit Windows Registry. This is because it is not safe and you will perform this operation at your own risk.
This method is also available for Exchange 2010. However, the first method is recommended for Exchange 2010 mailboxes.
In order to save messages sent from a shared mailbox in the sent items of the shared mailbox, modify the Registry for your Outlook:
- Click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and then click OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\Preferences
The x.0 depends on your Outlook version: 16.0 = Outlook 2016, 15.0 = Outlook 2013, 14.0 = Outlook 2010
- Right-click on Edit menu, navigate to New > DWORD Value
- Type DelegateSentItemsStyle, press Enter
- Double-click DelegateSentItemsStyle, type in 1 in the Value Data box, click OK
This information is intended for general information purposes only and to assist customers in understanding system functionality. It should not be construed as legal advice or opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. You are advised to consult your own compliance staff or attorney regarding your specific questions or situation to ensure your compliance with company policies & procedures, applicable laws, and regulations.