If you get an error when previewing files from within Encompass and something along the lines of "System.InvalidClastException" or followign picture
then do this:
On the affected machine, Please remove the GDPicturePrewiew entry in the registry then delete the following folders:
******For RWM AD-connected computers only! Please make sure the folder is also deleted on "\\virt1\user\<userfolder>\Appdata\Roaming\ePASS" as well!!!
Once that is done:
Right click on Encompass shortcut
Left click on properties
Click on Open File Location
Scroll down to RemoveUAC.exe and click on it
Make sure to check all boxes and then choose Remove
Hit OK on Encompass 360 Properties
Then check the following settings in Adobe:
1. Make sure that Internet Explorer is enabled to view PDFs.
Open Internet Options
Click Manage add-ons
Change Show to Run without permissions
Select Adobe PDF Reader
On the lower right, click Enable
2. Also make sure the handler has been selected within the Adobe program.
Open Adobe -> Edit -> Preferences
General -> 'Select As Default PDF Handler' button at the bottom of the page
3. If available, Make sure Acrobat or Reader is configured to display PDF files in a web browser (option is not available on some newer versions of Reader):
Open Acrobat or Reader, click the Edit menu, and then select Preferences.
Select Internet and make sure the Display PDF in Browser check box is selected.
4. Check to see if there are multiple versions of Adobe installed
To verify this, use the Programs and Features tool located in the Control Panel.
Adobe recommends that you have only one version installed. If Acrobat Standard or Professional is installed with Reader, then make sure Reader is set to the default PDF viewer.
Note: After making Reader the default PDF viewer, run a repair in Adobe Reader. To run a repair, launch Adobe Reader, click Help, and then select Repair Installation. Make sure you are not logged into Encompass when you do this.
5. You also want to make sure Protected mode is disabled:
- Open Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Choose Edit tab at the top of the window -> Preferences
- From the Categories list on the left, select Security (Enhanced)
- From the Sandbox Protections section, disable Enable Protected Mode at startup
(This setting may be under the General Categories list option for versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader earlier than DC)
- From the Enhanced Security section, disable Enable Enhanced Security
Once all that is done, Open Encompass and allow 60 seconds before logging on
Check to see if this resolves the problem.